Lifeplus Bangladesh Technical White Paper
Date: 1 January 2024
Editor – Ashif Ul Hossain
LifePlus BD is a one-stop digital healthcare service from the LABAiD group. Through this app, we will continuously offer new and useful healthcare services that you can use to ensure better care for yourself or your loved ones.
This app is bringing something new to help you take it easy! It will enable you to order pharmaceutical and healthcare products online and get them delivered to your home. We are an online medical store, making your purchase easy, simple, and affordable! That means you can purchase medicines online & get it delivered to your home 🏠 within 4 - 6 hours inside Dhaka City.
LifePlus BD App allows patients to make appointments with LABAiD doctors quickly and easily online. It also allows you to buy healthcare products, OTC products & medical equipment online. You can book diagnostic tests online, including 🩸blood tests, lab tests, full body check-ups & other preventive health check-ups from the convenience of your home.
Why build it?
In the first instance, the healthcare apps have become a boon for the doctors, nurses, and various other medical staff associated with the hospital. The apps help to update the doctors about the health condition of their patients.
In fact, according to a stat, 93% of doctors believe that healthcare apps can bring improvement in patient’s health and 80% of physicians are using mobile technology to deliver patient care.
In fact even the prescriptions of doctors have become digitalized, which means it can be accessed on your device. It helps them (medical professionals) to view all your reports through the app making it easier to make quick and apt decisions in emergency cases. The information can be exchanged within a wink of an eye.
The apps help to prepare a customized approach for treating each of the patients because every ailing person needs special care.
LifePlus BD is Suitable for all ages. Especially for all kinds of people inside Dhaka city (Aged 3-65 years), who are interested and most of the time spend their time on digital platforms.
The application will be developed for both Android and iOS platforms. So the developed application must be computable for smartphones and tablets like Android (Small Devices) Android (Tablet), iPhone, iPad, etc.
This app will support:
Minimum Android version - Android 6.0 - Marshmallow (API level 23)
Minimum iOS version – iOS 11
The whole app will be in English. In the near future, LifePlus will bring Bangla language support for the app users.
The required design has to be developed by the developer like UI, wireframe, and Graphic Interface.
Level 0 Diagram
Details of Application Features
Create New Profile – For creating an account on the LifePlus BD app, users have to provide his/her mobile number for verification. After verifying the mobile number by OTP, a new page will open where users have to fill up the below information:
- Confirm Password
Log In – The login process is very easy and simple for the LifePlus BD app users. For login, users have to provide their Mobile Number and Password.
Forgot Password? – For recovering passwords, users have to provide his/her mobile number for verification. After verifying the mobile number by OTP, a new page will open where users have to set their new password.
Menu Bar – Under the Menu bar users will have the below options
- Home – By tapping Home, the user can go back Home page from anywhere on the app.
- Health Tips: Users will get health tips through push notifications on a daily basis. All the tips will be saved in this section. The most recent tips will show first according to date and time. Also, while tapping the push notification, the user can enter this section directly.
- Wish list: Users’ favorite products (Medical Accessories and Medicines) will be saved in the Wish List section. After tapping the wish list, a pop-up will open; from there the user will be able to select the category of wish list he/she wants to visit. LifePlus sells two types of physical products Medical Accessories and medicine. So there will be two categories of wish lists. Also from the Wish List section, users will be able to buy products directly.
- My Medical History: All users’ activities from the top seven features (Appointment, Diagnostic, Accessories, Medicine, Ambulance, Nurse Care, Telemedicine) of the LifePlus BD app will be saved in this section as a user’s activities history.
- You’re Orders: Any kind of user's order from the “Medical Accessories” and “Medicine” sections will be saved here as order history. We also categorized this section by order status like All, In-progress, Shipped, Delivered, Cancelled, and Returned.
- Manage Address: Users can edit his/her address from here. Also, they can add a maximum of 10 new addresses in this section.
- Rate Us: Users can rate our app anytime from this section. By tapping here, we will redirect users to the app rating section of the LifePlus app.
- Share App: Users will be able to share the app’s Play Store/Apple Store link with anyone from this section.
- Logout – The user can log out from his account by tapping "Logout".
Notification Icon – All kinds of app-related notifications will be saved here except the “Health Tips” notification. From this section, for every individual notification, there will be no details page.
Home Icon - By tapping the Home icon, the user can go back Home page from anywhere on the app. The Home icon will show if any user will go deeper into any page or section of the app.
Homepage Dynamic Slider – At the app’s Landing Page top part, a dynamic sliding section will represent the company’s current offer and cover the other Hot Topics of the app. When users tap any slide, it will take the user to the related details page. For example, LifePlus offers a 20% discount on their diagnostic tests. They publish a slider about it and when a user taps the slider it will redirect the user into the Diagnostic page.
Doctor Appointment Booking – After tapping the “Doctor Appointment” section, the doctor category page will open. From here users have to select his/her desired category-wise doctor for booking the doctor appointment. Now there are 30 Doctor Categories under the “Doctor Appointment” section. Without selecting any category, users also have the option to find a doctor by pressing the “Doctor List” button which will be situated bottom of the page.
A universal search box is used for both Category wise or general searches so that a user can easily find his/her desired doctor.
Appointment process – From any specific category of the doctor list, Users have to tap the “Appointment” button. After tapping, the user has to Select the Branch, select the day, select for whom he/she wants to book the appointment, and Select gender, and age. After selecting all the fields, the user will use the “Confirm” button to complete the primary stage of booking. A popup screen will show to the user for the primary confirmation of the booking.
User requests will hit our call center agent through the admin panel. The call center agent will call the user for payment confirmation. Users have to pay 50 Taka for booking super busy doctor appointments and 20 Taka for general doctor’s appointments as LifePlus service charges. If the user agrees with payment for the booking, our call center agent will send a payment request through push notification to the user’s mobile. While users open/expand the push notification, they will get the payment option through SSLCOMMERZ. If somehow, the user misses the push notification, he/she can get the option of payment from Medical History > My Appointment History.
When the payment process is complete from the user end, the call center agent will get a “Payment Successful” confirmation. Based on this confirmation, the call center agent will contact the desired doctor and finalize the booking according to the user's date and time. A successful confirmation message will be sent to the user through a push notification and a message to the user’s mobile about the successful booking.
Online Medical Accessories – After tapping “Medical Accessories”, list-wise accessories items will be shown to users. From this page, users will add or minus their desired products. Also, there is a favorite icon for users to save their favorite products in the “Wish list” section. After selecting the desired products, users have to tap the “Buy Now” button.
After tapping the “Buy now” button, a preview section will open where the user has to option to check his selected products with prices. In this section, the user can also delete any item from his cart. If everything is okay, the user can go ahead with tapping the “Continue” button.
After preview, the “Address” selection page will open. From here users can use their existing addresses or can add new addresses for other patients. Add new address process – Users have to fill in the following information for creating a new address: Name, Mobile No, Alternate mobile no, address, select city, select area, set as a default checkbox, and finally “Upload Your Location” button.
Checkout Section – in this section users will see their Order Summary, subtotal, with a delivery charge. If everything is okay, he/she can go forward with the payment section.
Payment Section – LifePlus users will get 2 payment methods for buying products from the LifePlus App. Cash on Delivery and Online Payment. For online Payment, we tied up with SSLCOMMERZ. For cash on delivery, the delivery charge will be 40 Taka. After tapping “Proceed” a final popup payment confirmation will show. In this section, the user can “Cancel” or “confirm” his order process for the last time. After tapping “Confirm” a successful order confirmation page will open. From this page user will have the following options,
“View all orders”
Service Process -
- Users will order or request Medical Accessories through the “LifePlus BD” app.
- The order request will be directly sent to “Bio-Scope Incorporation” by mail with a unique order number and invoice.
- At the same time, the same request with the same order number will also be sent to the “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” delivery agent, who is using an Android smartphone.
- After getting the user’s order request by mail, the “Bio-Scope Incorporation” agent will prepare the desired products within 12 hours;
- Also, after getting the user order request from the app, “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” the Delivery boy agent will go to the “Bio-Scope” place to collect the product;
- “Bio-Scope” agent and “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” delivery boy will cross-check the unique code number with the product’s invoice before releasing every order.
- “Bio-Scope Incorporation” will save an invoice for every order for collecting weekly payments from “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.”.
- “Bio-Scope Incorporation” will submit all the order’s invoices to “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.”, weekly (Seven days after). “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” will also do a careful audit and cross-check all the invoices before paying the money to “Bio-Scope Incorporation”.
Diagnostic Test Booking – On the “Diagnostic” page, the entire test will be categorized on the top section of the page. Users can book their desired medical tests from the categories. There is a total of 6 Categories. Pathology, Radiology, Vaccination, Package, IP service, and Contrast charge. Also, there is an “All” section. While users select a specific category, all tests under the category will show in the list view. A “Search Box” will help users to find a specific test easily.
Test booking process – Users will select desired tests from the specific category. They can select one or multiple tests from the list. While the selection is done, a “Continue” button will be available for the user to go to the next step. On the next page, users have to choose Beneficiary (For whom he/she wants to book the tests). They can also add beneficiaries from this section. According to the selection of beneficiary, Name, Mobile no, Gender and Age will be filled automatically according to the given information from users.
Users can request for Home Sample collection too. Both “Through Physical” and “Home Service” options will be available for users. Users can select only one option. For the “Home Sample collection” feature, users have to pay an extra 300 BDT as a delivery cost.
Forgoing to the next step user has to select a branch (In which branch, he/she wants to book the tests). After selecting all the information, the total cost of tests will be shown at the bottom of the page. If the user is okay with that, he/she can tap the “Continue” button again.
A confirmation pop-up will show for taking the final confirmation for the user. Into the pop-up, Location, Mobile no, Item amount, Grand Total, and Home Service cost will show. After the final check-up user can “Confirm” the booking or “Cancel” it. After confirmation from the user side, another successful confirmation message from LifePlus will show. After taping the “Keep in Touch” button user will return to the “Diagnostic Test History” page.
Back-end process – The user’s booking request will hit our Admin panel section, which will be handled by our call center agent. After receiving the request, the call center agent will call the specific branch according to the user information and book those tests for the users. After finishing the booking, a final confirmation notification will be sent by our call center agent to users.
Service Process (Medical Test) -
- All available medical test data of all Labaid’s branches will be stored on the “LifePlus BD” app;
- Users will request medical test services through “The LifePlus” app;
- User requests will receive a customer care agent of “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” with a unique order number;
- The customer care agent will contact with Labaid branch’s reception and book a medical test according to the user's given information.
- The user will come to the Labaid branch and show the soft copy of the medical test booking invoice or order number to reception.
- The receptionist will arrange the medical test and further process for the user.
- For further processing, Labaid authorities will save the order ID number of the user for report delivery purposes.
Service Process (Medical Report) -
- Users will request medical report Home Delivery service through the “LifePlus” app;
- User requests will receive a customer care agent of “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” with a unique order number;
- The customer care agent will contact with Labaid branch’s reception and ask if is the report ready/prepared or not for delivery.
- If the report is ready from the Labaid branch’s side, the LifePlus call center agent will send a delivery boy to collect the report.
- The delivery boy will come to the Labaid branch’s reception and show the order ID number. If everything matches, the receptionist will hand over the report to the delivery boy with one copy of the payment receipt.
- Another copy of the payment receipt will be saved by the Labaid branch for further use.
Service Process (Home Sample Collection) -
- All available “Home Sample Collection” test data of the Labaid branches will be stored on the “LifePlus BD” app
- Users will request Home Sample Collection service through the “LifePlus” app;
- User requests will receive a customer care agent of “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” with a unique order number;
- The customer care agent will contact with Labaid branch’s reception and book a Home Sample Collection service according to the user-given information.
- Labaid home sample collection authority will collect the user’s address and details contact number, and based on that hospital authority will send an agent to that address to collect the home sample.
- Labaid home sample collection authority will produce an invoice with the service charge amount and bring it with him while going to sample collection.
- Users will pay the service charge instantly while finishing the sample collection process.
- The hospital agent will save the service charge invoice for future use.
Online Pharmacy – On the “Pharmacy” page, the entire medicines will show as a list view. Almost 8K + (8212) medicines are available for users to buy online. A search icon will help users search specific medicines from this page which is placed at the top of the page. Users will have the “add to cart option”, and “save for later” options from the medicine list. After selecting desired medicines user can use the Buy button to go further process.
Upload Prescription – Users can also upload any kind of prescription from this section for a hassle-free buying process. For that, users have to select or input his/her desired address for medicine home delivery. After that, the user will get the prescription upload option as an image file, a box where he can write something about medicines and his orders, and then needs to press “Upload” to finish the process.
Medicine Order Process – Users have to select desired medicines from the list and tap the “Buy Now” button. After that, a review page will open for checking the products and prices from the user end. Users must have to spend a minimum of 300 BDT to order any medicines. Then, the user will select his/her home delivery address. After that, a final “checkout” section with the delivery charge will show for final confirmation from the user end. If the user presses continue, the payment section will come. Users can select the “Cash on Delivery” or “Online Payment” channel for completing the ordering process. A successful pop-up will ensure users for a complete buying process.
Backend Process - The user’s online medicine request or Prescription upload request will hit our Admin panel section at the same time on our Delivery Hero App. From the admin panel, the requests are handled by our call center agent, and from the Delivery Hero app, the requests are handled by our appointed delivery boys. After receiving the request, the call center agent will call the specific user for order confirmation. After getting the user's confirmation, the call center agent will knock on the pre-appointed delivery boy to collect the medicines from the desired branches and deliver the product to the user on time. After finishing the successful home delivery, the delivery boy will make a final confirmation call to the call center agent.
Service Process -
- Users will request Medicine with Home delivery service through the “LifePlus” app.
- User requests will receive a delivery boy (LifePlus Agent) through his smart Android device with a unique order number.
- At the same time, a digital invoice of the user’s order will be sent (By Mail) to the Lab aid’s branch pharmacy for crosschecking with the delivery boy.
- The user has to buy or spend a minimum of 300 BDT for every medicine order.
- After getting the user order, the delivery boy (LifePlus Agent) will go to the Lab aid’s branch pharmacy and show the digital invoice to the pharmacy agent.
- According to the invoice, the pharmacy agent must have to deliver the desired medicine to the delivery boy. Before releasing the medicine, both parties (The pharmacy agent and LifePlus Agent) must need to cross-check their invoice with the order number.
- After getting the medicine from the pharmacy agent, the LifePlus delivery boy will start the home delivery process.
Online Ambulance Book System – For Ambulance booking, users have to select the ambulance category first. For now, through the LifePlus app, users will get 3 categories of ambulances and they are general, ICU, and Freezing. After that, users have to select pick-up and drop-down areas from the list with detailed addresses. After selecting the address, a price will automatically show for the ambulance service to the user. The minimum and maximum price for ambulance service inside Dhaka city will be 500 to 3500 (Depending on the distance between arrival and departure place). A successful pop-up will ensure users the complete ambulance booking process.
Service Process - User requests will receive a customer care agent of “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” with a unique order number. After getting the request, the LifePlus agent will call the user and ensure that he/she will take the service with his details contact number, and destination. According to the given price list from 3rd party ambulance provider, the Lifeplus call center agent will also ensure the service price to the user. After that, the LifePlus customer care agent will contact with ambulance provider agent and provide the full details of the customer with the destination address. The ambulance provider will complete the process and collect service payment from the user and after the successful service completion; the ambulance provider/ambulance driver will call the LifePlus Agent to ensure the service completion.
Nurse Homecare Booking – There are three categories for “Nurse Homecare” services on the LifePlus app. On-Call duty nurse, Stay Home Duty Nurse (Half Day Package) and Stay Home Duty Nurse (Full Day Package).
On-call duty nurse service – If any patient wants to book a nurse on an emergency basis, he/she can select this package. Under this package user will have the option to choose a maximum of two services among the three (Give Injection, Canola Support, and Catheter) mentioned Services. Users have to pay 1,200 BDT for this package to LifePlus.
Stay Home Duty Nurse Service (Half Day Package) – If any patient wants to book a nurse for 12 hours means half of a day, he/she can select this package. Under this package, users will have the option to choose a maximum of 4 services (Intake Medicine; Maintain Pulse, BP, Sugar, Temperature, and others; Intake food timely and Take care of patient carefully). Users have to pay 1,200 BDT for this package to LifePlus.
Stay Home Duty Nurse Service (Full Day Package) - If any patient wants to book a nurse for 24 hours means a full day, he/she can select this package. Under this package, users will have the option to choose a maximum of 4 services (Intake Medicine; Maintain Pulse, BP, Sugar, Temperature, and others; Intake food timely and Take care of patient carefully). Users have to pay 2,200 BDT for this package to LifePlus.
Mainly, “Stay Home Duty Nurse Service” packages are suitable for those, who want long-term home care services and especially for those very old ages with unable to move frequently.
After package selection, users have to select the patient’s details and tap the confirm button to complete the booking process.
Service Process -
- Users will order or request for Nursing Homecare service through the “LifePlus BD” app.
- After getting the request, the LifePlus agent will call the user and ensure that he/she will take the service with his details contact number, and destination. According to the given price list from “Astha”, the Lifeplus call center agent will also ensure the service price to the user;
- After that, the LifePlus customer care agent will contact with “Astha” agent and provide the full details of the customer with the destination address.
- “Astha” will complete the service process and collect service payment from the user and after the successful service completion; Astha’s agent will call LifePlus agents to ensure the service completion.
- “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd” will save an invoice for every order for collecting daily payment from “Astha”.
- “LifePlus Bangladesh Ltd.” will also do a careful audit and cross-check all the invoices before collecting the money from “Astha”.
- In case “Astha” itself fails to provide services, it shall arrange for alternative service to the customer instantly, and “Astha” shall be liable to bear and settle any disputes, claims, or legal proceedings arising out of its activation thereon.
Telemedicine/Video Consultation with Doctor – Upcoming feature…
My Profile – User’s Image and all kinds of registration-related information will be saved in this section.
- User Profile Image,
- Unique User ID,
- Mobile Number
- Registration Date,
- Date of Birth,
- Blood Group,
User also can edit their information from this section. However, the Mobile number, Registration date, DOB, Gender, and Blood group information will not be editable from the user side.
Hotline Button – The “Hotline” button concept came from those users, actually who aren’t accustomed to mobile app usage or who are looking for hassle-free one-tap solutions. Say, if any user wants to avail of any services from our app without tapping any other button, he/she can tap this hotline button for emergency contact with LifePlus. One of our customer care agents will call back the user and communicate with him/her as soon as possible. By tapping this button every user can avail of any services from our LifePlus.
Medicine Order List
Medical Accessories Orders
Medical Accessories Order List
For adding new product categories this section will be used. For now, there are two product categories. Medicine and medical accessories.
For adding a new product’s subcategory this section will be used.
Home Slider Images
For changing Home Slider Images this section will be used
New Offers Images
Images for New Offers for Customers will be handled from this section.
To set the product’s promo code this section will be used.
Featured Section to show products exclusively.
All Return Requests will be saved here.
All withdrawal Requests will be saved here.
From this section, all types of push notifications will be handled by the admin.
Frequently Asked Questions update section.
Create an admin or editor section.